Head of Technology
Digital Development | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
At Bond we design customer engagement solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. That can take us in some pretty amazing directions, and as a Head of Technology you’ll have your hands on the wheel to drive the growth of the company through the use of technological resources.
So take a moment to ask yourself this:
Are you looking for an opportunity to take on a strategic, transformative and forward-looking mandate with respect to technology across the enterprise?
Do you have what it takes to lead and inspire talented people, be the champion for significant change and take on key initiatives such as devising changes to the target operating model for IT, future technology roadmap to advance Bond’s business strategy and initiatives.
Yes? Good. This could be a great opportunity for you. And us!
With a strong blend of strategy and execution, technical expertise, business and leadership acumen, the Head of Technology brings a track record of strategic IT leadership in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment.
This individual is a truly exceptional leader, collaborator and change agent with superb communication and influencing skills that are critical in working across the organization with engaged stakeholders and leading a team.
Aside from the day to day management of Balanced Scorecard objectives across people, client, organization and financial quadrants, you will:
- Establish and lead vision and strategic direction for all technical aspects of the business to drive growth and support Bond’s short and long-term strategic objectives
- Lead, mentor and coach the technology team consisting of Digital development, IT Ops, QA and Architecture in the adoption and use of best practices such as Agile development and design patterns
- Provide insights and expertise to Solution and Account leads on current and emerging trends in digital marketing including client-centric focus: which digital trends and applications clients in different sectors are embracing, and implications for Bond
- In partnership with Solution leads, maintain a continuous roadmap of digital offerings earmarked for development, with one-to-five year horizon
- Own and lead Bond’s Loyalty and marketing platforms; determine the most profitable and practical means of bringing new offerings to bear – build, buy, partner etc.
- Ensure environments operate according to standards, security, regulatory agencies and legal requirements
- Develop and establish a company-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Bond’s proprietary and user information
- Establish and deploy standards and best practices in the areas of project planning, project management, quality management, application lifecycle management, coding conventions and documentation standard
- Develop/oversee operating budgets and is accountable for financial results
- Drive business efficiency and profitability through internal IT systems and software development
- Drive innovation, across the company - as it pertains to technology, process, and systems integration
- Ensure client satisfaction with quality of digital development and IT operations
Do these statements describe you?
Why Join Us?We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges. If you’re looking to build your career, build your skills and build bonds apply today!
- Enthusiastic and motivated leader and a team player, embracing the start-up challenges of a highly innovative work culture
- Deep passion for innovative technology solutions, including mobile and cloud-based. Hands-on leader who can balance agility with discipline to deliver quality solutions to meet Bond’s needs and its customers’ needs
- Strong understanding of the application of technology to business strategy and achieving results through effective planning
- Proven track record of bringing digital offerings to market, from concept to completion
- Current knowledge of marketing industry technology, platforms, operating systems and business models
- Financial acumen with proven track record of full P&L responsibility managing a business, business unit etc.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills – ability to counsel, coach, develop and achieve results through others
- Strong network and knowledge of the changing digital industry