Sr. Front End Developer (Contract)
Creative & Strategy | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
At Bond we design creative and innovative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. We have a passion for innovative technology and always are looking for out of the box solutions for our clients. We operate in an Agile SW Development environment, and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
That can take us in some pretty amazing directions, and as a Sr. Front End Developer you’ll have your hands on the wheel as we drive the future of loyalty. Bond Brand Loyalty is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
So take a moment to ask yourself this: Do you love developing digital solutions? Are you looking for an opportunity to blend creative and digital knowledge in a fast-moving environment? Yes? Good. This could be a fantastic opportunity for you. And us!
As our Sr. Front End Developer , you will:
- Write semantic, accessible, standards-compliant, cross-browser compatible web pages
- Develop, code, test, debug and document web development solutions
- Enhance and modify applications as necessary to ensure coding best practices, best performance, and an outstanding user-experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate wireframes and visual designs into functional interfaces
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Ensure code meets software standards
- Engage in QA related activities
- Bring ideas forward and make recommendations – both verbally in discussions and through written documentation including user flows and solution
- Collaborate in a friendly and respectful manner with different teams to execute projects flawlessly
- Have excellent time management skills
- Adhere to and help expand our coding best practices and the internal knowledge base
- Work closely with the Development Team Lead
As our Sr. Front End Developer , you have:
- 5+ years of experience with HTML5, CSS3, XML, W3C standards compliance
- 3+ years of in-depth knowledge of AngularJS and different versions of Angular.
- 5+ years of experience developing responsive websites
- 5+ years of experience with version control systems in a collaborative development environment
- Knowledge of advanced frontend debugging tools.
- Solid Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Experience on developing Progressive Web Apps is a plus.
- Knowledge of REST-Based APIs is a must.
- Experience working with DotNet and the Microsoft Stack in both MVC and Webforms projects
- Strong understanding of web standards, best practices, accessibility and performance practices
- Experience in resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Significant experience developing responsive websites
- Experience with a version control system (TFS, SVN)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google, shopping engines, etc.)
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience with using AJAX, JSON, and XML.
- Working knowledge of building and optimizing Object Orientated web applications
- Basic Photoshop knowledge to export assets and execute small adjustments on composites provided by the creative team
- A strong desire to continue learning and improving your skills
Bond Brand Loyalty is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges.
If you’re looking to build your skills and build bonds apply today!
Bond Brand Loyalty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.