Senior Research Manager
Research | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
As a Senior Research Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage programs in their entirety ensuring quality/timing/productivity.
- Be responsible for project execution plans.
- Communicate job specifications to data collection staff.
- Put proper processes and controls in place to properly execute projects according to design.
- Ensure team is maintaining appropriate project documentation and requirements per QMS guidelines.
- Ensure verification and validation of client deliverables.
- Verify and validate data collection through data verification, audits, and monitoring.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Engage in client discussions regarding operational designs/proposed solutions.
- Analyze data and communicate relevant study results (oral or written).
- Provide engaging and insightful presentations to report out study results.
- Translate research design into appropriate research components through questionnaire writing, sample plan design, and analysis plan.
- Ensure the creation of client deliverables (written reports, spreadsheets, status reports, etc.).
- Travel to various areas for client meetings or to review and/or supervise research projects.
- Challenge the status quo - help us find better/different ways of doing things.
- Ensure cost balancing and invoicing.
- Manage project budgets and supply forecasts.
- Accountable for overall profitability of projects.
- Support sales process through design, specification, and cost creation and provide input to pricing strategy.
- Assist in writing components of proposals, including methodology/approach, operational design, schedule, and costing.
- Support account managers for consultation or participating in the selling process.
- Develop/create relationships with internal resources and/or vendors.
- Manage ongoing outside supplier relationships.
- Participate in the interviewing, screening, selection and training of staff.
- Work with managers to assess and identify training needs for employees.
- Guide employees through manager portion of new employee orientation to ensure completion of on-boarding process.
Fostering the Organizations's Culture/Spirit:
- Bring your unique spirit and enthusiasm to our team.
- Work hard but indulge your light side.
- Embrace innovation and help shape the thinking of our team.
As a Senior Research Manager, you have:
- Intermediate MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- Intermediate SPSS skills.
- Intermediate Windows skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 7+ years experience in a related professional field.