Application Support Engineer
IT Operations | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
At Bond we design creative and innovative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. That can take us in some pretty amazing directions, and as an Application Support Engineer you’ll have your hands on the wheel as we drive the future of loyalty.
So take a moment to ask yourself this: Do you love solving complex problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your investigative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment? Yes? Good. This could be a great opportunity for you. And us!
A typical day in this role might include:
- Work independently or in a team (depending on the challenge) but always supported by your manager and colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Provide level 2 and level 3 support to existing business solutions
- Investigate / troubleshoot technical issues and suggest improvements to the applications
- Debug ASP.Net/C# code and SQL stored procedures to identify root cause and potential solutions
- Provide mentoring and support to junior staff members
- Assist in automating and identifying gaps in application monitoring processes
- Work as "one team" with Digital Development, Infrastructure, Client Services, and other teams
- Adhere to strict internal technical standards and policies designed to achieve high levels of quality and security for all operations
- Perform necessary on-call duties on a rotation schedule
- Challenge your team with new knowledge, expert skills, and different points of view
- Grow your role. Grow your skills. Grow your future at Bond.
Do these statements describe you?
- A minimum of 3 years experience diagnosing, isolating, and debugging software problems in multi-tier Web and Windows based applications
- A minimum of 3 years experience utilizing Visual Studio, ASP.Net, C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience supporting ETL processes to manage and transform data via flat batch files, XML files, and SSIS packages
- Ability to change gears and jump on the next priority item
- Ability to develop complex queries, debug stored procedures, and troubleshoot SQL Jobs
- Ability to identify application problems resulting from infrastructure issues in a Windows Server environment, including problems relating to IIS, Load Balancing, certificates, and connectivity
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Proven ability and success in managing multiple activities of varying complexity while under tight time constraints
- Proven ability and success in working and collaborating in large multi-disciplinary teams
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
Why Join Us?
We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges.
If you’re looking to build your career, build your skills and build bonds apply today!