Sr. QA Analyst (Contract)
Quality Assurance | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
At Bond, we design creative and innovative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. We have a passion for innovative technology and always are looking for out of the box solutions for our clients. We operate in an Agile SW Development
environment and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
Are you interested in helping us to build the next generation of awesome applications based on cool technologies and big data?
Bond Brand Loyalty is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Design test cases and data sets mapped to requirements and technical specifications.
- Review user stories, requirements, and technical specifications.
- Gather and analyze data to support test case development.
- Develop and promote best practice for Data generation, Data Loading, and Data Cleanup.
- Plan, develop and perform data-centric tests, including testing data pipelines, data warehouses, and data models.
- Perform functional, exploratory, and regression tests.
- Document and track defects.
- Create and manage test data for use by automated tests.
- Identify and drive resolution of data discrepancies.
- Evaluate and select testing tools/processes with the development team that helps us build out test environments.
- Participates in design activities with the architecture team relating to testing of the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Mentor other QA engineers in automation.
- 7+ years’ experience doing relevant QA work, including writing test cases, performing testing, and documenting results.
- Strong knowledge of Transact SQL, SQL Server, relational data, entities, and relationships.
- Good understanding of ASP, ASP.NET, Microsoft Access, data modeling and generation.
- Ability to operate SSIS, SSRS, to generate test datasets, perform tests, analyze results, and determine root causes.
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL/integration tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of at least one source control tool with preference GitLab.
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Can do attitude
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic