Senior DevOps Engineer
IT Operations | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
At Bond we design creative and innovative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. That can take us in some pretty amazing directions, and as a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll have your hands on the wheel as we drive the future of loyalty.
So take a moment to ask yourself this: Do you love solving complex problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your investigative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment? Yes? Good. This could be a great opportunity for you. And us!
A typical day in this role might include:
- Lead the charge in designing, building, and supporting CIDC pipelines
- Standardize deployment processes for all of Bond’s applications
- Establish best practices in continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Work collaboratively with a team of support engineers, developers, technical business analysts, and quality assurance analysts to deploy applications in a Windows environment.
- Write and maintain technical procedures and documentation for application deployments and support.
- Participate in Development team’s sprint cycles
- Coordinate application deployments with Client Services, Development, Infrastructure, and Quality Assurance teams.
- Troubleshoot issues identified during the delivery of new or existing applications and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Adhere to strict internal technical standards and policies designed to achieve high levels of quality and security for all operations.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the deployment process.
- Challenge your team with new knowledge, expert skills, and different points of view.
- Work independently or in a team (depending on the challenge) but always supported by your manager and colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Grow your role. Grow your skills. Grow your future at Bond.
Do these statements describe you?
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with deployment of web-based applications on premises and in the cloud
- Previous experience leading the build of a CIDC pipeline an asset
- Strong understanding of deployment best practices
- Strong knowledge of web-based technologies (ASP.NET, IIS, XML, etc.)
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Azure environments an asset
- Ability to identify deployment problems resulting from infrastructure issues in a Windows Server environment, including problems relating to IIS, Load Balancing, certificates, and connectivity
- Ability to change gears and jump on the next priority item
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Proven ability and success in managing multiple activities of varying complexity while under tight time constraints
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
Why Join Us?
We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges.
If you’re looking to build your career, build your skills and build bonds apply today!