Technical Project Manager
Digital Development | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The main purpose of this position is to provide leadership to the Digital Development Project Teams that deliver technology solutions to business units, client teams and our clients. Key role is to deliver well designed, secure, quality compliant technology projects on-time in accordance with the stated business requirements. This position reports to the Manager, Digital Development.
A typical day in this role might include:
- Implement and facilitate Scrum Agile processes and ceremonies, including;
- Iteration Planning Meetings
- Daily Standups
- Sprint Reviews/Demos
- Work with product owner to ensure demos/sprint review are performed to showcase and confirm features developed
- Observe and understand factors that impact team velocity with the goal of applying learnings to future sprints
- Report against project team deliverable/milestones including risks/issue
- Plan, develop, and manage the scope, budget and timeline for multiple projects
- Develop and manage various related project documents including statements of work, Gantt charts, budget reports, project status reports, and issues lists
- Plan and manage resourcing for delivery of all team projects in coordination with external teams, partners, and clients
- Facilitate the planning, execution, testing, support, and communication of all project activities
- Provide leadership to various team members by directing their activities per the project work plan
- Facilitate the timely flow of information within the project team, business units, client teams and our clients
- Participate in and often lead working sessions to define and document project requirements
- Design Phase: Assist in preparation of functional specification documents detailing business requirements, functionality, security, and operating efficiency. Lead the estimating process by driving scope, budget, and timeline
- Build Phase: Manage the development of applications and systems per specifications, timelines, and budgets
- Testing Phase: Ensure that Quality Assurance testing is completed on all projects prior to release
- Support Phase: Manage the support of applications and systems per SLAs and budgets, and ensure deployment schedules are followed
Do these statements describe you?
- 3+ years of experience in web application development as a scrum Master
- Excellent project planning and delivery skills
- Strong budget and resource-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Comfortable working in an agency environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide leadership in a team environment
- Excellent business analysis skills, including the ability to understand and clearly document business system requirements
- 5+ yrs. experience SDLC or Agile project management processes for multi-tier web and Windows based applications
- 5+ yrs. experience using project management tools and software development methodologies (e.g. Microsoft Project, Share Point, Gantt charts)
- 5+ yrs. experience in managing technology projects
- Self-directed, ability to function in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent
- PMP Certification is a plus
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) preferred; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) would be an asset
Why Join Us?
We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges.
If you’re looking to build your career, build your skills and build bonds apply today!