We were engaged to develop the strategy, program development and delivery of BlackBerry’s North American mobile product launches. Our approach was an experiential marketing engagement program designed to connect with consumers in ‘1 to 1’ and ‘1 to many’ environments to showcase competitive advantages, increase preference and drive sales.
BlackBerry was launching its brand-new BlackBerry 10 Operating System and smartphone devices, and needed a North American go-to-market strategy that brought its new hardware and OS to life.
This was BlackBerry’s biggest launch in history, highly anticipated, and ripe for praise or criticism given the competitive market conditions. BlackBerry needed to make a big impact in North America, specifically in the US. Due to the complexity of the device and the new OS, it was imperative to have a program that put devices in the hands of consumers – a challenge that could not be facilitated through traditional advertising alone.
The primary objectives for our program included:
- Get new BlackBerry smartphones into the hands of the North American target audience.
- Demonstrate how to use the new operating system and key features.
- Showcase how BlackBerry 10 would positively impact people’s lives and make them more productive.
We performed the following key activities to meet our objectives:
- Program design and implementation strategy across key designated markets – the ‘Keep Moving Tour’ was designed to facilitate in-depth demonstrations in multi-use environments (consumer events, mobile channel classrooms, retail store assist events, PR launch events), and we integrated the ability for people to influence the location and schedule of the Tour via Social Media
- Overarching strategy of ‘Show vs. Tell’: We engaged our target audiences in a way that gave them a chance to put their hands on the distinctive new BlackBerry devices to have them reconsider their perception of the Brand
- Utilized custom-developed, eye-catching vehicles run by highly trained BlackBerry Brand Ambassadors to deliver targeted messaging through product demonstrations, education and interaction in a variety of environments, providing a tangible value exchange through memorable, engaging experiences
- Customized vehicles included interactive and engaging components for consumers that included tethered smartphones, video screens, NFC gaming boards, LED lighting, and customized wheels and grille all on a matte black finish for the added contrast (23 custom-designed vehicles in 26 markets across North America!)
- A customized trailer ‘CUBE’ in 3 markets was deployed at events to provide high visibility, brand awareness and further in-depth consumer product demonstrations
- Over 912 million impressions
- Over 2.5 million one-on-one interactions
- Over 800,000 in-depth product demonstrations
- 39% conversion rate of an interaction developing into an in-depth product demonstration
- Over 40,000 NFC gaming interactions with instant prizing
- Over 512,000 Facebook impressions
- Over 23 million Twitter impressions
Want to learn more regarding our solution provided for BlackBerry? Enter your information and we'll get back to you shortly.